Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Read This on Your Individual Computation Engine

Saw this, enjoyed it, thought of you. I know not everyone shares my cheery optimism about the World of Tomorrow. In fact, these days it seems like hardly anybody does; that's why I wrote the book. But I think this short film helps put things in perspective by pointing out what a fantastic science-fictional paradise we actually live in today. If this doesn't convince you of our big, bright, beautiful tomorrow, nothing will.

You're welcome.




Thanks to Ian Williams for showing it to me!
.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Great stuff, especially for those of us who grew up on the Jetsonesque predictions being parodied here, but who probably should have taken Fahrenheit 451 a little more seriously.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I love how it cuts from the dramatic angles of the 1939ish mock-ups to the street level intersection of the "Astonishing World of Tomorrow"