Saturday, May 5, 2012

Avengers Assemble!

I saw "The Avengers" today. As demonstrated by this blog post (which has gotten a TON of hits the past couple of weeks), I am the world's foremost self-declared authority on The Avengers circa 1963-1985. My opinion should carry great weight with you. And that opinion is...I loved it unreservedly.

The film answered every concern and fulfilled every hope I expressed in that post. Great balance of character development, action, pathos, humor. Every character had a chance to shine. I literally can't think of a single thing I'd've done differently. I'm calling it now: best superhero film ever. That may sound like damning with faint praise, but it's truly the best time I've had at the movies in forever.

1 comment:

Andrea Munger said...

My only complaint about this "Avengers" movie is that I can't complain about it. Most movies, even those we really enjoy, give hours of pleasure afterwards, as we list the problems with pacing or continuity, lack of good lines for our favorite characters, and just plain errors. This time, nothing but praise. Curse you, Joss Whedon, for depriving us of dinner conversation.