Friday, December 24, 2010

Bark Us All Bow-Wows of Folly

Time for a bit of whimsy that's been a tradition on my blog every Christmas Eve since waaay back in 2005. My best wishes to you, thanks for reading my stuff.

Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo!


Don't we know archaic barrel,
Lullaby Lilla boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don't love Harold,
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Polly wolly cracker n' too-da-loo!
Hunky Dory's pop is lolly
gaggin' on the wagon,
Willy, folly go through!

Donkey Bonny brays a carol,
Antelope Cantaloup, 'lope with you!
Chollie's collie barks at Barrow,
Harum scarum five alarum bung-a-loo!


--Walt Kelly

4 comments:

Mike said...

And a Merry Back Atcha.

ronnie said...

A lovely tradition and thank you for keeping it. Always puts me in a good mood, does ol' Boston Charlie.

Sherwood Harrington said...

Have you figured out yet how many years it will be before you have to start re-cycling post titles for this tradition? I really like this one -- so much so that I filched it.

Xtreme English said...

Lovely, lovely...my dad and I LOVED Pogo. "Deck the Halls with Boston Charlie"...what a wonderful tradition you have.