Friday, September 28, 2012

The Adventures of Old Time-Traveling Brian Part 6

At last! The long-promised, long-delayed, little-anticipated continuation of the Adventures of Old Time-Traveling Brian! It's been a while; if you want to catch up, here are Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The premise was inspired by a Facebook post in which I wrote:

"Sometimes I turn around real fast to see if I'm being followed by an older time-traveling version of myself. Of course, now I'll be expecting that move..."

These comics are silly spontaneous fun for me to write and draw, and some folks seem to enjoy 'em. Plus, they're all totally true to life, or will be assuming I invent a time machine and set out to meddle with my past dressed like Marty McFly in "Back to the Future 2."









Like all the best characters in all the best memoirs, the girl is a composite. If you're a woman who knew me between the ages of 13 and 19, and wonder if she's you, the answer is Yes.

* * *

I've been mulling over the idea of collecting the Adventures of Old Time-Traveling Brian in a 'zine, which is a deliberately home-spun comic printed, folded and stapled on the kitchen table. Nothing fancy--in fact, "fancy" is the antithesis of the 'zine aesthetic. Maybe a very small print run, signed-and-numbered limited edition, sold at a price that'd cover expenses. Maybe a little exclusive bonus material.

Any interest in something like that?

12 comments:

Hal Bryan said...

"Any interest...?"

Yes, definitely. These are fantastic!

Mike said...

Oh yeah.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Funny stuff!
Sure, I'd by a 'zine of this thing.

:)

Linda Wilhelm said...

Reserve a copy for me please. Make that two. I'm think stocking stuffers.

Karen Martin said...

Yes, Brian, I was wondering. Thanks!!

Sherwood Harrington said...

Finally, some fan service. I was beginning to wonder -- all those awards notwithstanding -- if you were a real cartoonist or not. Now I know.

Marion said...

Zine. Zine. Zine. Zine! Zine!Zine! Zinezinezinezinezinezine!!!!! Yaaaay!

ronnie said...

Yes, please, sir.

Jim O'Kane said...

I'm so there.

sligo said...

So get on it, man.

Brian Fies said...

Well, I appreciate the votes of confidence! Thanks.

Karen Martin, all this (gesturing around my office that looks like a tornado tore through it) could have been yours. Alas, too late. Just don't tell my Karen.

Sherwood, just think of me as the Brooke McEldowney of blogging.

I'll see what I can do about a zine. Time is a bigger hurdle than money. But thanks again.

Sharon Tuttle said...

I had a crazy semester, so I'm just getting around to catching up on my reading. But count me in, too, if/when this should come to pass... 8 - )