Wednesday, February 21, 2024

ALA Loves Last Mechanical Monster


Here's a very day-making surprise: my latest graphic novel, The Last Mechanical Monster, made the American Library Association's 2023 long list for Best Graphic Novels for Adults!

That's truly an unexpected honor, not least because my book came out in 2022, but I guess it made the cut-off date (other books from 2022 are also on the list so I assume it's not an error). I had no idea and was not looking for it until I got to the "L" titles on the list and thought, "Hey, I know that one!" 

I count 30 other fiction books on the full list. Considering the hundreds (thousands?) of other graphic novels and thick comic books published every year, I'm in elite company.

It would be authorial malpractice if I didn't provide a link to buy my book. This goes to Amazon, although I'd encourage everyone to support their heroic local independent booksellers.

Very nice. My thanks to the ALA Graphic Novels & Comics Round Table and its selection committee, not a single one of whom I know in real life so the fix was not in!


No comments: