Friday, July 29, 2022

Mr. McFly! Mr. McFly!

Just dropped on my porch: one (1) copy of my forthcoming The Last Mechanical Monster, flown from the printer with a brief detour to New York City. It is strange to see this thing, which until now has been pieces of paper scattered around my desk and electrons glowing on my computer monitor, as a finished physical object. It's heavier than I expected. As I just joked to Editor Charlie, he must have used the good thick paper on this one.

Here's a quick peek at my life: my wife Karen took this photo, and emailed it to me so I could post it here. The subject line of that email is "Mr. McFly!" because at the end of "Back to the Future," Biff runs into the house yelling, "Mr. McFly! Mr. McFly! This just arrived! I think it's your new book!" My family has actually said that to me when previous books arrived, and it's a tradition I enjoy. George McFly and I may be more alike than I care to admit.



No comments: