Monday, July 18, 2022

Pre-Comic-Con 2022

 

Seems like I'll only be home from Chicago for about 15 minutes before turning around and heading to San Diego for Comic-Con International on Wednesday! This'll be a quick trip for me: all day Thursday and maybe a few hours on Friday, depending on how it goes. My daughters Robin and Laura are coming along, just like they did when we took this pic in 2018! What about Karen? She went to Comic-Con twice and that was plenty. 

My schedule: Thursday 1-2 p.m. I'll be drawing for Andrew Farago and the Cartoon Art Museum at booth #1634. Cartoonists volunteer to draw whatever patrons want for, I think, a $10 donation. I have packed my brush-pen and sharpened my colored pencils.

Thursday 4-5 p.m. I'm in Room 25ABC talking about The Last Mechanical Monster at the "What's New From Abrams ComicArts" panel. I'll be sharing the stage with my editor Charles Kochman, Abrams editor Charlotte Greenbaum, writer/editor/designer Chip Kidd, and writer Brian Michael Bendis. I know Chip but have never met Greenbaum or Bendis, so that'll be fun. 

After that panel, I get a few minutes to run downstairs before signing books at the Abrams booth (#1216-1217) from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

I have a few friends I hope to catch up with. If you'd like to catch up with me, find me as above or leave a note at the Abrams booth, which I tend to loop back to as my home base. No promises! Comic-Con is nuts and there's always more to do than any human can. That's part of its appeal.

No comments: