Sunday, October 20, 2024

The Intellectual Life #25

A Peek into the Intimate Intellectual Life of a Long-Married Couple, Part 25:

(Karen and I are in the car when the radio plays the Bruno Mars song "When I Was Your Man." There's a lyric that goes, "It all just sounds like OooooOOOOooooOOOOoooO," and I sing along--not with the whole song, just the "OooooOOOOooooOOOOoooO" part.) 

Bruno Mars: It all just sounds like--

Brian: OooooOOOOooooOOOOoooO!

Karen: 

Brian: You know how some songs have a break in the middle where a rapper comes in and does some rapping and then it goes back to the song?

Karen: Yeah?

Brian: I could do that for Bruno Mars. 

Karen: You could rap for Bruno Mars?

Brian: I could go on tour with him, and then when he sang that song I could come out and do just the "OooooOOOOooooOOOOoooO!" part.

Karen: Your rapper name could be "DJ Pain Point."

Brian: Because I sing so well you want to cry?

Karen: Yes.

(Next, the Miley Cyrus song "Flowers" comes on the radio and I sing along by bleating like a goat.)

Brian: Mnaa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ah flowers!

Karen: DJ Pain Point in the house!

This has been a peek into the intimate intellectual life of a long-married couple.

No comments: