Thursday, January 18, 2024

Awards Season


Awards season is coming around, so all my cartoonist friends check out the Reubens, Eisners, and anything else you might want to submit for. I didn't publish anything in 2023, so will not be playing this year. 

Mostly I wanted to share this postcard from the National Cartoonists Society, of which I am a member (life-long goal unlocked!), because I was tickled by the address: "Brian Fies . . . 

". . . Or Current Resident."

In case I moved and the new owner of my house just happened to be a cartoonist thinking to him or herself, "Gee, I published these great comics in 2023, I just wish I could get some professional recognition for them! But how...?"

It seems statistically unlikely.

Anyway, if you're one of my several friends this might apply to, get your entries in and I may be one of the dozens of NCS members judging your work and deciding your fate. Don't even think about bribing me (nudge nudge wink wink).

No comments: