Friday, March 15, 2024

Wow, Is It the Ides of March Already?

I know of two types of people who have good reason to Beware the Ides of March:

1. Roman emperors who enter a room to find senators brandishing knives, and;

2. Expectant parents of twins who enter an operating room to find doctors brandishing scalpels.

Today is my daughters' birthday. I don't post this picture often (if at all, I don't recall) because it's kind of clinical and the girls aren't very visible, but this is the first photo I took with them both in the same field of view. Many more would follow.

They were born a few weeks early and Karen had eclampsia, so there was some urgency and concern. Each baby had a dedicated medical team, as did Karen. Somehow I was left to fend for myself. It was the sort of pregnancy that in the 19th century might've killed them all, but everything went just fine in the late 20th. A few days later the hospital shoved us out the door with two babies but no instruction manual. We winged it. All survived.

Happy Birthday, Chiquitas! Love you. 

No comments: