Monday, August 29, 2011

Busy Busy Busy




Busy writing

I see you out there.

Not literally. But I look at my blog's stats and see your repeat visits from cities whose names seem like familiar places to me. I don't have your IP addresses memorized, but give me time. So I feel bad when I know (but you don't) that there won't be any fresh content on the Fies Files today.

I'm just very busy. Mostly with my science-writing day job, but also working on Mystery Projects X and Y (mostly Y lately). Something's gotta give. I also go through periodic moods when the Internet just seems like a giant sucking black hole that devours time and creative energy to very little purpose or benefit. No offense; I love you guys. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. I also know from experience that my mood will lift and I'll soon be inspired to post something I just can't wait to share.

Not much news. No word on Mystery Project X, but I didn't expect any yet.

There's a good chance I'll be giving a workshop at the Alternative Press Expo (APE) October 1-2 in San Francisco. Details as they develop.

I'm seeing a little uptick in sales of Mom's Cancer, due, I think, to a couple of universities requiring it in classes. There's another sentence I never would have imagined myself writing a few years ago. Note to any students out there writing papers: I am always happy to answer any questions but will not do your entire homework assignment for you.

I hope all my friends and readers on the East Coast have working utilities and dry basements. It's going to be a sunny 85 degrees (29 degrees unAmerican) here in northern California today. You really should move here. Of course we have occasional earthquakes, but now so do you! You don't have that to lord over us anymore. Plus: no snow or hurricanes.

Everybody be careful out there.

.

3 comments:

Jim O'Kane said...

Fies, you've inspired me to give up the simple life. I'm going to attempt Blogspotting.

I'm already a Kindred Spirit in the "not having a thing to say" part of your post. Nothing is less inspiring than a blank page when it's time to type something. This apathy is only heightened after a day of staring at a computer screen at work from dawn 'til dusk.

Hmm - - pretty certain this post on your blog is at least four times as long as the first post on my new blog. Urrgh.

Brian Fies said...

Inspired?! You couldn't feel my ennui oozing through your monitor? How could I be more discouraging? Run while you still can!

Still, if you do get a blog rolling, let me know where to find it and I'll be a regular.

Jim O'Kane said...

Kickin' it at http://jimokane.blogspot.com. Come for the typos... stay for the pedantry!