Monday, December 18, 2023

Happy National Twin Day! Happy National Twin Day!


Hey, it's National Twin Day! And I happen to have a pair of 'em who LOOOVE being embarrassed by their Dad! Ha ha! One of the best days of the year as far as I'm concerned!

The girls were about 3½ in this photo, which is remarkable because we very rarely dressed them in matching outfits except to make older relatives happy. In fact, this might have been around Christmastime, and I'll bet their grandmother had something to do with it. 

The girls themselves were done with the entire "twins thing" at a very young age. If you want to know what it was like being a Beatle in 1964, try pushing a double stroller with two cute, blonde, identical tots through a mall or restaurant. No interest in show business, thanks, although we got offers.

I don't believe in telepathy but sometimes I think they have it. 

I also think they have planned the perfect crime but haven't committed it yet--unless they have, and it was so perfect I never found out about it.

In our experience, twins were MUCH more than twice as hard when they were babies but got much easier than twice as hard when they were older. Your mileage may vary.

Happy Twin Day, Chiquitas! No regrets on my end, although you may be rethinking your choice of father right about now. No Take Backs!

No comments: